History of the building
At 16 Bauskas Street in 1857 leather factory founded by R. Vilndenbergs was located. In 1918, it became the leather factory of JSC "Oskars Vildenbergs", which housed the first tannery factory in Latvia. In 1938, the company was added to JSC "Ādu un vilnas centrāle" – Riga Leather Factory. During World War II, the factory building was destroyed.
The tannery, leather and shoe factory "Blāzma" begun operation in the renovated building after the war. But production association "1. Maijs", founded in 1965 which existed here until 1990, brought together several other historic shoe factories under the same roof.
In the 1930s, the Association of Torņakalns Volunteer Firefighters and depot (since 1944 – the 13th Team of Riga Volunteer Firefighters) were located in the factory territory.
For the last 20 years, part of the premises are rented to various companies.
The real estate consists of several buildings, which can be accessed from Bauskas Street, as well as from Vēja Street.
The new design
Architects Office LOFT has developed architectural concept that makes it easier to understand the development opportunities of the entire real estate. The layout options on floors 2 and 3 provide apartments, but on floor 1 – commercial premises or apartments. The concept of the street building provides apartment and facade reconstruction options creating LOFT design.
There are 36 apartments on the upper floors of the building, and an area of 916 m2 for rent on floor 1.
Real estate being SOLD:
- the entire land plot with the buildings;
- the street building separately with the adjoining land plot and the rest of the real estate.
Total space of the land plot – 1.8106 ha
Total space of all the quarter buildings – 9705 m2
Total space to be designed – 2889 m2